Statement of Faith
AFM Ministry Inc. Mission Statement and Statement of Faith operating as About-Face Missions
Our Motto- Reach, Teach and Multiply for Christ
Our mission- Expanding the good news of God through the use of social media and short term mission trips to connect one another; and to help build a closer and unified universal Church of Jesus Christ by helping local Believers do the ministry work of Christ through spiritual and humanitarian means as God the Holy Spirit directs through his Word, the holy Bible.
- Doctrine of Scripture. The Bible is God’s unique revelation to mankind, the inspired, infallible Word of God. As such, it is the supreme and final authority and without error in what it teaches and affirms in its original languages. No other writings are vested with such divine authority.
- Doctrine of God. There is only one true God. He exists eternally as three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — each fully God yet each personally distinct from the other. God is the creator of everything.
- Doctrine of Sin. Everyone, regardless of race, gender, social class, or intellectual ability, is created in God’s image and for communion with God. But because of sin, that communion was broken and all of humanity was separated from God, the source of all life. Because of the fall, everyone deserves God’s judgment.
- Doctrine of Salvation. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and God gives salvation and eternal life to those who trust in him. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that is received by repentance and faith in Christ and his death on the cross and resurrection from the grave.
- Doctrine of Christ. Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary — he was God in human flesh. He lived a sinless human life, yet willingly took upon himself our sins by dying in our place and on our behalf. He rose bodily, victorious over death. He ascended to Heaven and is at the right hand of the Father as the believer’s advocate and mediator. Some unknown day, he will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- Doctrine of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin and gives new life to those who trust in Jesus. It is by his regenerating work that a person believes and comes to faith. He indwells all believers and is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives. The Spirit gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve fellow believers and reach out to a lost and needy world.
- Doctrine of Judgment. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be separated from God into condemnation by Jesus Christ our Lord. Believers will be received into God’s loving presence.
- Doctrine of the Church. All believers are members of the body of Christ, the one true church universal. Spiritual unity is to be expressed among Christians by acceptance and love of one another across ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, national, generational, gender, and denominational lines. The local church is a group of believers of any size who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, community with each other, and as a witness to the world.